I forgot to mention the towel lady encounter on the morning that we left Sagada. While Matthew and I waited at the bus stop, a lady approached us and said we took the towels from our hostel. She had followed us all the way up the hill.
Matthew and me: We didn't take the towels
Lady: because...the girl said she put towels in your room
Matthew: we're 100% sure there were no towels in the room. also, we have our own towels
Lady: because...maybe we call the police if you don't give the towels
Me: fine, you can call the police. Go ahead, call the police!
Repeat the same conversation, with me saying, "go call the police" again. Matthew then unzips his bag and takes out his own towel to show her that we have our own towels. Then she says, "ok, if you don't have the towels, please don't mind nah." And walked off.
Later Matthew asked me why I kept saying "go call the police!" I guess I thought it would scare her off because it showed we have nothing to hide. Matthew however thought that it would only encourage her to get the police (a block away) and delay our departure. Ultimately what did the trick was Matthew showing her his towel. I had fun being belligerent with my reverse threat though. How dare she accuse us?! Go ahead, lady, GO AHEAD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you are bad ass, chai.
ReplyDelete